Saturday, September 27, 2014

Hi blog friends. Let’s see. In the last week I listened to Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson, by Patricia Briggs. These are a series of short stories. I’ve read most of the shorts in this book before, but it was nice to listen to them. Actually, there was one story that I skipped after the first ten minutes. Just could not get into it. The new stories were entertaining, and overall the book was good.

I also listened to Son of No One (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I’m usually excited when there is a new Dark-Hunter book released, but I don’t know if this is really a Dark-Hunter book. It had some of the Hunters in it, but to me they were not featured enough to classify this as a DH book. I liked the story though, and I usually Love Holter Graham’s narration but was not to crazy about it this time. I guess since there were so many characters in the story, they seemed to run together from time to time, and I found myself rewinding my iPod to see if I could catch what I’d missed.

Ok. So I don’t watch television. Before I go to bed, I read, and I usually wake up around 5 am and read before getting out of bed. When I’m commuting to and from work, I read… starting to see a pattern here?

Anyway. I won’t mention the number of books that I read last week cause I may look like more of a loon, but I did read, Deal with a Demon, by Celeste Easton, I haven’t read many demon romance novels, but of the one’s that I’ve read, this one was one of the good ones. Storm Bound (The Grim Series) by Dani Harper, I did like this story, even though I did not care for Brooke, I loved Aidan. And, The Beautiful Ashes (A Broken Destiny Novel) by Jeaniene Frost. I’ve read all of Jeaniene Frost books and usually look for them in stores, but I could not get into this book. I did not finish it, so I think I’ll put it away until I’m in a better place mentally and try again at another time.

No comments: